Late Spring, Early Summer
- Seriously, did you replace the batteries in your smoke detector(s) when we were to “spring-forward?” What about the carbon monoxide detector, were the batteries replaced?
- Spring & Summer showers and rainstorms; make sure your gutter and downspouts are clear of helicopters and other debris (like tennis balls) and that the water run-off flows at least 4′ away from your foundation.
- Clean the screens for your window & doors prior to installing them.
- Caulking time is near..recaulk (OSI Quad is very good) to re-seal around openings (windows, doors, vents stacks, roof vents, etc.) to stop water or air intrusion. Prevent air conditioned air from escaping.
- Clean out and Organize the Garage! Out with the old & organize the rest. Look at the base wood around the interior of the garage for wetness or deterioration (react accordingly).
- Check your Home Emergency Kit, is it up to date? What’s in an Emergency Kit?..check out our Home Improvement 101